Yes, that's a half eaten banana falling out of his sleepy hand. Needless to say we have had more than our fair share of movie days here trying to recover.
I wanted to give a little update on my resolutions for 2014 since January is winding down to a close.
1. Whole 30 is simultaneously kicking my butt and stinking awesome. I definitely will be happy when it's over (homemade COFFEE CREAMER here I come) but it truly has revamped the way I view food. I was turning to food for joy and comfort instead of Christ. Whole 30 has been a surprisingly spiritual experience for me. Discipline in my food has spilled over to discipline in my devotions, my prayer life as well as in my roles as mom and homemaker. I totally think its ok to celebrate from time to time and enjoy food but I am thinking through boundaries I want to set for myself post whole 30. Only 6 more days!! <---- and I am already planning Whole 30 round two for September. WHAT?!?!
2. Creating boundaries with GreySkiesBlue has been difficult. After tracking my Gender Reveal sales for a month I have decided to phase out the line that gave me my start. I was actually more sad about it than I thought I would be. It was like an end of an era last night as I deactivated my all my gender reveal items except for printables. I woke up this morning with peace about it, though. I am super excited to be more focused with my products and to start introducing new items on a more regular basis. Coming soon: these babies:
3. Date nights at home have become more regular. Adam and I are making more time to connect and it's making a WORLD of difference for my stress level.
4. Eat out less and make more foods from scratch... well Whole 30 is really helping with this one. I have made breakfast, lunch and dinner from scratch for 24 days now. (with the exception of two Chipotle outings) I have realized it's not as hard as I thought it would (minus all the dishes!!) and I have gained some serious confidence in the kitchen <--- an awesome side benefit. I am excited to continue this trend into February and beyond.
5. Read a book a month.... I am finishing up 1000 gifts and the whole time I was reading it I was wishing I had someone to discuss it with. SOOOO, I joined a book club. A few mom friends and I will be starting Bread and Wine in February. I am so excited to be able to discuss what I am learning with these precious ladies. I am also throwing around the idea of starting an online book club... Anyone interested?